If we determine sciatica is the source of your discomfort, we use a variety of chiropractic techniques to restore your body to the pain-free living you deserve. Many of our clients experience an immediate reduction in their symptoms while others feel relief after a series of adjustments. You will reduce your sciatica pain and learn ways to avoid a recurrence of this condition when you select natural health care at Omni Wellness Center.
Sciatica includes a variety of symptoms. Some of the most common include:
- Lower back pain
- Hip pain
- Limited mobility
- Leg pain, weakness, numbness or tingling
Sciatica occurs when the sciatic nerve near the bottom of your spine is compromised. This may occur due to a herniating disc that is slipping out of place and interfering with nerve signal flow, a vertebrae that has shifted out of alignment, degeneration of the lower back vertebrae, or even muscle tightness of the piriformis or gluteus medius due to pelvic misalignment.
If your spine continues to move out of alignment through poor posture, a spinal abnormality, a muscle injury or auto accident injury, the sciatic nerve continues to deal with interference. Our doctors evaluate your condition and gently adjust the vertebrae to reduce sciatic nerve pressure. These adjustments also help to repair a herniated disc, realign spinal abnormalities and also help any muscle injuries to recover. Other treatments we use for sciatica at Omni Wellness Center include:
- Laser therapy to enhance the recovery of muscle tissue.
- Acupuncture to free the energy and nerve signal flow throughout your lower back.
- Nutritional guidance so your body receives the healthy nutrients it requires for repair.
- Lifestyle changes to avoid future sciatica concerns. These may include a reorganization of your work area, proper lifting techniques and better ways of sleeping to reduce discomfort.
- Exercises to strengthen your core and support a healthier posture.
Contact us to set up an appointment to address your symptoms from sciatica and get relief. Submit the contact form or call 704-392-9999.