There are many different conditions that cause or contribute to low and lower back pain. The doctors at Omni Wellness Center are trained to access your case and condition, perform and order diagnostic tests for a detailed workup and lay out treatment plan options for you. Many low back cases involve nerve impingement syndrome (eg, pinched nerve) that may generate pain and other symptoms. Chiropractors are specialists at this type of condition and we are prepared to get you well quickly and naturally. Types of spinal disorders include trauma-related and degenerative; meaning age-related. Some of these spinal problems are listed below.
- Bulging or herniated disc. A disc may bulge outward. A herniated disc occurs when the soft interior matter escapes through a crack or ruptures through the disc’s protective outer layer. Both disc problems can cause nerve compression, inflammation, and pain.
- Spinal stenosis develops when the spinal canal or a nerve passageway abnormally narrows.
- Spinal arthritis, also called spinal osteoarthritis or spondylosis, is a common degenerative spine problem. It affects the spine’s facet joints and may contribute to the development of bone spurs.
- Spondylolisthesis occurs when a lumbar (low back) vertebral body slips forward over the vertebra below it.
- Vertebral fractures (burst or compression types) are often caused by some type of trauma (eg, fall).
- Osteomyelitis is a bacterial infection that can develop in one of the spine’s bones.
- Spinal tumors are an abnormal growth of cells ( a mass) and are diagnosed as benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancer).
If you experience lower back pain or pain in other areas of your back, contact us to set up a spinal evaluation. Submit the contact form or call 704-392-9999.